Iran fired dozens of missile on American bases in Iraq on Wednesday confirmed both by Tehran and pentagon. They took revenge of the US killing of Iranian General Solemiani.
The Pentagon said it was still “working on initial battle damage assessments” after “Iran launched more than a dozen ballistic missiles against US military and coalition forces in Iraq.”. There is no report of intermediate casualties as one of the spokesman told that these bases are on high alert due to high war threats.
Iranian state television reported an attack on one base housing US personnel, saying it was in response to Friday’s killing in a US drone strike of Iranian general Qasem Soleimani, one of the most important figures in the country´s government.
Trump through also confirmed the attack on his account and release the statement after some time.
All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2020