Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman has said that he accepts responsibility for the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi because the incident took place during his reign.
Talking to US TVPBS in the preview of the documentary titled ‘The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia’, Saudi Prince Mohammed bin Salman said, “All this happened under my rule, I accept all responsibility because it happened during my reign.
When journalist Martin Smith asked how this murder could be done without your knowledge? So Muhammad Bin Salman said that we have 200 million people and we have 3 million civil servants. The journalist asked if any of them could even take private government aircraft. To which Prince said, I have officers, ministers who look into matters that are responsible and they have the authority to do so.
It should be noted that on October 2 last year, Washington Post columnist and senior Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was assassinated at the Saudi Embassy in Istanbul, the founder of the murder being linked to Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The responsibility of the operation was laid on the authorities and some suspects are being arrested and trial is being conducted.