Pakistan is now passing through the critical phase of history. Army is busy in historic operation of “Zarb-e-Azb” in North Waziristan. Whereas our politicians are doing politics on IDPs, no one cares about them.
Actually every party is dealing with their own personal stuff. Pakistan Muslim League (N) is involve on three fronts tackling Doctor Tahir Ul Qadri through FIA, Interpol and twisting Model Town episode in their own favor while everyone seen Punjab Police doing massacre in Lahore. Secondly they are confronting with Imran Khan’s Tehreek e Insaf by Arslan Iftikhar and 14 August suspicious celebrations. Suspicious in a sense that still they are in doubt what to do? And thirdly on media, they are manipulating media masterly and engaging them in a debate of democracy.
As for as i concern, its a fake democracy and it has nothing to do with the poor Pakistan.
Why? because just having elections after five years and grab them to a cast whom they think is suitable for protecting their rights and raise their issues and problems in national and provisional assembly is not enough. Today i will focus on democracy in this article leave the rest on upcoming days. Here i quote the best international standard definitions and quotations of democracy to establish my point.
According To Wikipedia :-
Democracy is a form of government in which all eligible citizens participate equally—either directly or indirectly through elected representatives—in the proposal, development, and creation of laws. It encompasses social, religious, cultural, ethnic and racial equality, justice, and liberty.
According to website of Dictionary.com which say:-
A form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system
According to the Lecture at Hilla University for Humanistic Studies January 21, 2004 Democracy has four basic elements
1. A political system for choosing and replacing the government through free and fair elections.
2. The active participation of the people, as citizens, in politics and civic life.
3. Protection of the human rights of all citizens.
4. A rule of law, in which the laws and procedures apply equally to all citizens.
According to Aristole:-
In a democracy the poor will have more power than the rich, because there are more of them, and the will of the majority is supreme.
Now after going through important key notes on democracy I ask very simple questions where the protection of life in Pakistan is. The answer will be obvious as we all know that there is no protection of life in Pakistan especially in last 6 years of so called democratic period. Where is the power of poor in Pakistan? Nowhere, where is equality in wealth, power, and rights and in religion? The answer is again clearly negative. Now I would like to quote Aung San Suu Kyi
From Burma she says:-
Sometimes I think that a parody of democracy could be more dangerous than a blatant dictatorship, because that gives people an opportunity to avoid doing anything about it.
Democracy is a complete package of different elements
• Guarantee of basic Human Rights to every individual person, any social groups (especially religious institutions) and other persons.
• Separation of Powers between the institutions of the state:
Government [Executive Power],
Parliament [Legislative Power] und
Courts of Law [Judicative Power]
• Freedom of opinion, speech, press and mass media
• Religious liberty
• General and equal right to vote (one person, one vote)
• Good Governance (focus on public interest and absence of corruption)
Unfortunate in Pakistan we do not follow the rules of the business and claim that we a have democracy and an elected government. Its not democracy its worst Dictatorship and Gullo-Cracy. Gullo is a slang word but I’m using it. It’s the transformation of government from one family to another which is called as democracy in Pakistan.
Allama Iqbal the great thinker of Pakistan was basically a democrat. He was not only a theoretical politician, but he also practically participated in the politics of Indo-Pakistan subcontinent. In 1926, he stood for election and was chosen to the Punjab Legislative Council. In Bāl-i Jibrīl, he ushers in the democratic era in these strong words:
سلطانئ جمہور کا آتا ہے زمانہ
جو نقش کہن تم کو نظر آئے مٹا دو
It’s the worst form of government in Pakistan so I called it as the fake democracy. This account was written with true intention to open the minds of the people of Pakistan and also the media who manipulating us on fake democracy. This is a kingship of sharifs and slogan party PPP cheating poor people of Pakistan from two decades starting from 90s. They all say system should prevail without any reforms and should not derail. I conclude my article on the quotation of my beloved Great Baba Quaid e Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah he says:-
• It is my belief that our salvation lies in following the golden rules of conduct set for us by our great law giver the Prophet of Islam (Peace Be Upon Him). Let us lay the foundation of our democracy on the basis of the truly Islamic ideals and principles. Our Almighty has taught us that our decisions in the affairs of the state shall be guided by discussions and consultations. (Sibi, 14.Feburary.1948)